|Home||» Products||» Organic Powder||» Punarnava Powder|
Punarnava is the ayurvedic herb presented by our Mother Nature. The Latin name of Punarnava is Boerhaavia diffusa and its English name is Spreading hogweed. It is extensively found in India. Punarnava is the word derived from two different words “punar”, which means “again” and “nava” means new”.
Therefore this herb is mainly useful for renewing the body systems. Punarnava is a green leafy, which is approximately of 2 to 3 feet long. The leaves are rounded in shape and contains small hair like out growths. During rainy season the flowers will be blossomed which are of pink and white color. The herb is sweet, pungent and astringent in taste. It is light and rough by nature and hot in action. Its root,stem and entire herb is used for medicinal purpose.
1. Punarnava is useful in purifying the blood and also the gastric juices.
2. Punarnava is helpful to fight against joint pains and oedema.
3. Punarnava is the best herb for curing swellings in the body.
4. To energize the body and improve strength Punarnava is very much useful.
5. Punarnava treats several stomach disorders, particularly intestinal colic.
6. Punarnava promotes the removal of catarrhal matter and phlegm from the bronchial tubes. So it aids in asthma.
7. Several skin diseases can be cured by applying root paste of Punarnava.
8. Nervous weakness can be cured with the help of Punarnava herb.
9. Loss of muscles functioning like paralysis can also be treated with Punarnava.
10. Punarnava supports optimal weight management.
11. Punarnava promotes balanced fluid levels in the tissues and the aids in healthy flow of urine.
Punarnava for Liver
Punarnava is widely used to rejuvenate liver and detoxify it. If the body is attacked with any of the infection the first stressful part will be the liver. As a consequence, the person will become fatigued and lethargic. So at this initial stage it is advisable to use Punarnava, which helps to restore health, stamina and vitality. This herb can combat the disorders of liver like hepatitis, jaundice, iron deficiency anaemia, anorexia and sluggish liver. The healthy liver even aids in increasing the basic haemoglobin of an individual.
Punarnava for Diabetes
Punarnava leaf extract is very much useful for diabetes. It significantly decreases glucose levels in blood and in turn increases plasma insulin levels.
Punarnava benefits for Kidney
Punarnava has become a staple for healing and creating health especially for kidney patients. The herb helps to get rid of excess body fluids and at the same time prevents the formation of urinary stones. Just one month use of this ayurvedic herb can promote Kidney functioning better.
Punarnava is a good herb for cancer treatment. Punarnavine, an alkaloid is believed to be an anti-cancer agent. The study has indicated that punarnavine could enhance the immune response and inhibit the metastatic progression of B16F-10 melanoma cells in mice. The extract from the whole plant is very much useful for cancer cure. The herb has also been shown to be hepatoprotective, choleretic, cardiokine, anti-cancer and anti-oxidant. In cancer, Punarnava is anti-metastatic, as well as cancer preventive.
In recent times Cervical cancer is the most common cancer among women. Punarnava has a wide range of properties, to fight against this cancer. Boeravinones, compounds isolated from the roots of Punarnava, have been found potentially to inhibit the drug efflux activity of BCRP (breastcancer resistance protein), a multidrug transporter responsible for cancer cell resistance to chemotherapy.